Bye 2020

by Vicky Penaloza, 1:08 PM

 I think I've never been happier to say bye to a year than this 2020. It was brutal! I think this year taught us a great lesson and that is patience. In all my 34 years, I've never seen anything like this. At first, I thought ok this quarantine is only going to be for a month and then months and months passed and we're back to staying at home. I did everything: I tried to be active, work on more content, learn to cook all the trendy recipes of Instagram, zoom parties, video calls, and even though I was trying to have the best positive attitude, that didn't help my state of mind.  My anxiety came back

and I was depressed for a long time because all our plans for 2020 didn't realize. It was hard for me to accept that even though I wanted to be my best and accomplish many goals this 2020, none of them realized.

It was hard for me to accept the new reality and what made me change my attitude was knowing that all my family and friends are safe and healthy. This made all my 2020 goals a second thing since family for me it's everything.  I also decided to move to another apartment because the last one was making us so unhappy. We broke our lease and move to the one that made us really happy. Ivan gave me the best gift ever: Estrella. For the longest time, I've been wanting a cat but work and travel were always in the way so this was the perfect moment to get one.  My cat is seriously the best thing that happened to me this 2020. I also did a few road trips and trips that I never thought I would do this year. This was so unexpected and it really helped to leave all my anxiety behind. 

So, what I take from 2020 is only the good moments with Ivan, my family, friends, and I thank God that we are healthy and alive. I also thank this year for all the learnings and I'm so ready for a new year. A year of more patience, growth, health, and of course lots of happiness. I have a lot of goals for 2021 but mainly I just want to be happy and healthy with the people I love. 

Wishing you a healthy and better new year for all <3



 

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Fashion by Vicky · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS